Press "Enter" to skip to content

State Fire Marshal Deems House Fire in Charlotte Hall Accidental Due to Freezer

UPDATE 3/17/2023: Investigation determined the fire originated in a first floor storage room and was observed by the homeowner in the area of a stand alone freezer. The occupant/owners are identified as Paul and Suane Chase with the estimated loss of structure and contents valued at over $200,000.00 The occupant was alerted by the working smoke and fire alarm system in the home. The occupant was able to escape from the home unharmed. The homeowners are being assisted by family and the American Red Cross at this time. 3/17/2023: On Thursday, March 16, 2023,  at 11:58 p.m., firefighters from Mechanicsville and Hughesville Volunteer fire departments were dispatched to 30025 Gershwin Road in Mechanicsville, for a automatic fire alarm in a residence. Immediately after dispatch, the St. Mary’s County 911 Center upgraded the assignment to a structure fire. Mechanicsville Engine 22 and Chief 2 responded with 7 personnel and arrived on the scene in under 5 minutes to find fire showing from a 2-story split foyer residence. Crews deployed multiple attack lines and entered the structure to find fire throughout the first, second floor and attic/roof. The fire rapidly progressed and evacuation tones were sounded with orders for all firefighters to […]

The post State Fire Marshal Deems House Fire in Charlotte Hall Accidental Due to Freezer appeared first on Southern Maryland News Net.

Source: https://smnewsnet.comNew feed

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *